Foreign Language Master - Java
non java version for slow internet connection
If your browser understands java you see my e.g. English<->German online dictionary:
If not you can get a screenshot:-)
1. Choose dictionary and press start button.
2. Then type in a word and press ENTER.
3. Now you can double click on the word in the listbox.
(For non Windows users: Use TAB to select the listbox and press the down cursor for
select the word. So you have not to scroll with cursor through the listbox.
I think it is a bug in Java for SunOS because on Windows95 and NT all works fine).
I can give no guarantee on the accuracy of the dictionary entries.
This can affect above all the spelling, since typing errors can not be excluded.
However, I strive after spelling and accuracy to improve the FLM
dictionaries at each release.
If you find any errors in the dictionary please mail it to me so that I can fix this
error. Moreover you can send me words that are not included in the super dictionary.
Properties of the dictionaries:
- Light dictionary: more than 3500 words in English and 5500 words in german
- Standard dictionary: more than 22000 words in English and 33000 words in german
(last change: 1998-12-12)
- Super dictionary: more than 100000 words in English and 105000 words in german
This are more than 200000 entries!
(last change: 2000-12-28)
- Espanol-English dictionary: more than 5.000 words in Espanol and English
(Thanks to Jose Luis Quer)
- Indonesia-English dictionary: more than 15000 words in Indonesia and English
- Klingon-English: a dictionary with language of Startrek
- German car numbers: more than 500 german cities with car numbers
- Country code dictionary: more than 150 countries with country codes
- German phone area code: more than 5000 cities with phone area code
Help for FLM-Java (Online and Offline version).
Additionally a short history, help and FAQ of FLM-Java.
All official mirrors of FLM-Java.
If you want to make your own mirror of FLM-Java please mail me. If you want only link
to FLM please use only flm.scimics.de.
Also you can use following banner with link to www.flmdic.de:
Now you can download FLM-Java 2.3 offline version with light and standard dictionaries.
Please mail me your comments (e.g. using FLM-Java on Psion).
If anyone has dictionaries that I can make public with FLM-Java please mail me.
If you have questions about FLM-Java send me an e-mail (or
look at my homepage for more information about other FLM versions and myself).
Counter since 2001/01/01: